School Bell Schedule, Calendar and Supplies
School Bell Schedule
The in-person bell schedule is as follows:
Vivian Adams Early Childhood Center: 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Avant, Dunbar, Officer & Wright Elementary Schools: 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Mason/Clark & Lincoln Middle Schools: 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Younge School of Excellence: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Bush Alternative Center: 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
East St. Louis Senior High School: 7:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Please review the SY2021-2022 District 189 Calendar. for key information about when school is in session or on break.
We know that times are tough and parents may have difficulty providing their students with school uniforms and school supplies. Please prioritize providing school uniforms and making basic supplies such as paper, pens, pencils and highlighters available at home for students to use. Schools will have adequate student supplies of masks, kleenexes, hand sanitizer and other PPE. Please contact your child’s school if you need assistance with school uniforms or supplies. Examples of acceptable options include spirit wear, unripped jeans and other bottoms, shirts without offensive images or language, and tennis shoes.
School District 189 students are expected to dress in school uniform and fully adhere to the district’s dress code policy. Uniform expectations include:
Elementary and Middle School students:
- Navy blue, khaki or black: Slacks, skirts, jumpers or shorts
- White, black, navy blue or powder blue: Shirts/blouses
- Mason/Clark 5th Graders Only: Red shirts/blouses
- Closed-toe shoes (any color) (no high heels, slingbacks, slippers, or flip flops).
All High School Students at East St. Louis Senior High School (Excludes BAC): Based on input from the Superintendent’s Student Advisory Council, high school students will be allowed to wear hoodies in the same color as their grade level. Jackets are not allowed. Hoods MUST NOT be worn in the building. Uniform shirt or hoodie colors are as follows and MUST BE a solid color and Can include a brand or school logo.:
• Freshman | Royal Blue polo shirts Only
• Sophomores | Orange polo shirts Only
• Juniors | Black polo shirts Only
• Seniors | Gray polo shirts Only
• Fridays are designated as Dress Down and Spirit Days for high school students. On these days, students do not have to adhere to uniform colors. Students are encouraged to wear Flyers