- East St. Louis School District 189
Grab and Go Student Meals on Wheels
Grab and Go Meal
Our school district will NOT be serving Grab and Go meals on Monday, May 18 or on Monday, May 25. Our staff and partner organizations will be celebrating Malcolm X and Memorial Day with their families on these dates.
Be sure to grab your meal on the Friday before these dates to receive extra meals!
Meals are being served at all 9 schools and 7 participating centers in the community. Please look for the table positioned in front of these locations (inside or outside) where you can receive your Grab and Go meal. Additionally, a few mobile routes are provided through the community where meals are delivered by our partner, Touchette Regional Hospital. Please look for the Touchette minivan instead of the school bus to receive your meal along these routes.
The following Grab and Go meal sites are served Monday-Friday from 10am-Noon:
- PLEASE SEE UPDATED BUS ROUTES AND TIMES, EFFECTIVE MONDAY, APRIL 13, 2020. MEAL DELIVERY ROUTES AS OF APRIL 13 Please look for the Touchette Regional Hospital van. Touchette vans are delivering meals to these routes and only stay for a few minutes at each stop along the route.
CENTERS (serving 10am-Noon)
- Christian Activity Center at 540 North 6th Street
- JJK Center at 101 Jackie Joyner Kersee Circle
- Sinai Family Life Center at 1200 St Louis Ave
- Forest Village at 4313 Forest Blvd
- Griffin Center at 2630 Lincoln
- Roosevelt at 1328 North 44th Street
- Orr Weathers at 1400 East Broadway
SCHOOLS (serving 10am-Noon)
- Avant Elementary
- Bush Elementary
- Dunbar Elementary
- Officer Elementary
- Wright Elementary
- Lincoln Middle
- Mason/Clark Middle
- East St. Louis Senior High
- Wyvetter Younge Alternative
FOOD PROVISION IS AN ESSENTIAL SERVICE - SHELTER IN PLACE DIRECTIVE FROM GOVERNOR STILL ALLOWS INDIVIDUALS TO GET FREE STUDENT MEALS!
Grab and go student meals will be provided during school closure. In order to limit large groups of people gathering, meals will be delivered in the following method:
- Meals are provided daily Monday through Friday.
- Meals are only be available from 10:00am - 12:00pm/Noon at all 9 K-12 schools and participating centers.
- Meals nclude one day of breakfast and lunch provided in one bag.
- Meals are available for pick-up and taken home to eat.
- Meals can be picked up by students or their families. Parents/guardians may pick up to 4 meals at a time.
- The 10am-Noon schedule for brief mobile stops (estimated at 3-5 minutes each) for Grab and Go meals can be found here: MEAL MOBILE ROUTES AS OF APRIL 13
***FOOD ALLERGY NOTICE***
Please be advised that food provided may include peanuts, milk or other ingredients that cause allergies for some people. If you or your child has a food allergy, please notify staff to receive an alternative meal. Exercise caution to ensure safety.