- East St. Louis School District 189
Grab and Go Student Meals on Wheels
Grab and Go Meals have limited services.
School buses are no longer delivering Grab and Go meals. Meals are still being served at all 9 schools and only 7 participating centers in the community. Please look for the table positioned in front of these locations (inside or outside) where you can receive your Grab and Go meal. Additionally, we are operating a few routes through the community where meals will be delivered by our partner, Touchette Regional Hospital. Please look for the Touchette minivan instead of the school bus to receive your meal along these routes.
No meals will be delivered this Friday, April 10. The following Grab and Go meal sites will be served Thursday from 10am-Noon and then again next week Monday-Friday:
- Christian Activity Center at 540 North 6th Street
- JJK Center at 101 Jackie Joyner Kersee Circle
- Sinai Family Life Center at 1200 St Louis Ave
- Forest Village at 4313 Forest Blvd
- Griffin Center at 2630 Lincoln
- Roosevelt at 1328 North 44th Street
- Orr Weathers at 1400 East Broadway
- Routes 2, 3, and 4. Please look for the Touchette Regional Hospital van. Touchette vans are delivering meals to these routes. https://www.estl189.com/cms/lib/IL02204655/Centricity/Domain/4/MONDAY%20FINAL%20MEALS.pdf
- Avant Elementary
- Bush Elementary
- Dunbar Elementary
- Officer Elementary
- Wright Elementary
- Lincoln Middle
- Mason/Clark Middle
- East St. Louis Senior High
- Wyvetter Younge Alternative
We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding.
Grab and Go Student Meals
SERVING 10:00AM-NOON, Monday - Friday!
FOOD PROVISION IS AN ESSENTIAL SERVICE - SHELTER IN PLACE DIRECTIVE FROM GOVERNOR STILL ALLOWS INDIVIDUALS TO GET FREE STUDENT MEALS!
Grab and go student meals will be provided during school closure. In order to limit large groups of people gathering, meals will be delivered in a new method. Details include:
- Meals will be provided daily Monday through Friday.
- Meals will only be available from 10:00am - 12:00pm/Noon at all 9 K-12 schools and participating centers.
- Meals will include one day of breakfast and lunch provided in one bag.
- Meals will be available for pick-up and taken home to eat.
- Meals can be picked up by students or their families. Parents/guardians may pick up to 4 meals at a time.
- Meals will be delivered via school bus to a number of locations in the area, including all K-12 schools, some bus stops and some community centers.
- The 10am-Noon schedule for brief mobile stops (estimated at 3-5 minutes each) for Grab and Go meals can be found here: Brief Bus Stops - New Times
***FOOD ALLERGY NOTICE***
Please be advised that food provided may include peanuts, milk or other ingredients that cause allergies for some people. If you or your child has a food allergy, please notify staff to receive an alternative meal. Exercise caution to ensure safety.