All student athletes uphold the expectations outlined in the School District 189 Athletic Handbook.
HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS:
East St. Louis Sr. High School is a proud member of the Southwestern Conference located in Southern Illinois. East St. Louis has been a dominant force in the state of Illinois for several decades, winning numerous state Championships and countless conference titles.
2022-2023 ESTL School Athletic Forms. To Access The Forms Click Here
* Public Act 102-0051 The district allows a student to modify his or her athletic uniform for the purpose of modesty in clothing or attire that is in accordance with the requirements of his or her religion or his or her cultural values or modesty preferences. A student is not required to receive prior approval of the school board for such modifications. *
At the high school level, we offer a wide range of sports for our student-athletes:
- Football Varsity Football JV Football
- Cross Country Cross Country
- Girls Volleyball Varsity Volleyball
- Girls Tennis
- Boys Tennis
- Girls Basketball Girls Basketball Schedule
- Boys Basketball Sophomore Boys Basketball Schedule Boys JV Basketball Schedule Varsity Boys Basketball Schedule
- Wrestling Coed Varsity Wrestling
- Baseball Boys JV Baseball Schedule
- Softball Girls Softball Schedule
- Boys and Girls Track and Field Boys Track and Field Schedule Girls Track and Field Schedule
Summer Softball Workout Schedule:
East St. Louis Sr. High School Sports are spearheaded by the all-time winningest Football program in the state of Illinois, winning 7 state championships and 2 national championships in school history. The Girls and Boys Track and field programs have a combined 29 State Championships, producing a perennial powerhouse. Our Basketball program has won 4 state championships and has produced multiple conference titles over a span of years.
IHSA Concussion: Return to Play Protocol - Click the link to see the article from IHSA regarding the protocol for student-athletes and possible head concussions.
MIDDLE SCHOOL ATHLETICS:
At the middle school level, we offer a wide range of sports for our student-athletes at Lincoln and Mason/Clark Middle Schools:
- Co-ed Cross Country Mason Clark Schedule Lincoln Schedule
- Volleyball Mason/Clark Schedule Lincoln Schedule
- Girls Basketball Mason Clark Schedule Lincoln Schedule
- Boys Basketball Mason/Clark Schedule Lincoln Schedule
- Girls and Boys Wrestling
- Girls and Boys Track and Field
We are members of the Illinois Elementary School Association (IESA), which services boys and girls in interscholastic athletic and non-athletic activities for elementary and junior high school level students in Illinois education. The interscholastic athletic and non-athletic activities participate in state competitions for grade levels in members' schools.
Our middle school athletic program has won 30 IESA State Championship trophies.
Due to our strong athletic traditions, several professional athletes and Olympians have emerged from East St. Louis, Illinois.
Darren Sunkett, Athletic Director
Phone: 618-646-3700, ext. 1061
Ida Sykes, Administrative Assistant to the Athletic Director
Phone: 618-646-3700, ext. 1061
Brian Schoby, Assistant Athletic Director
Phone: 618-646-3700, ext. 1021