Vision: Our ELA department envisions that every student is achieving at his or her maximum potential in an engaging, inspiring and challenging learning environment. Students will develop proficiency in essential Reading and Comprehension and foster a long-term love for reading.
Expectation: Language arts instruction includes reading, grammar, and writing classes. Our expectations are similar classroom to classroom. Our instruction is guided by the Common Core State Standards. The goal is for all of us to...
- become independent
- know our content
- be able to write to various audiences about a variety of topics
- understand and evaluate what we read
- value evidence and support
- use technology and digital media strategically and capably
- come to understand other perspectives and cultures
- deepen understanding and use of language as readers and writers