Career and Technical Education (CTE)
Mission Statement: To prepare a highly skilled 21st Century Workforce.
The goals of East St. Louis School District 189 Career Technical Education (CTE) Programs are to cultivate potential in our students by integrating rigorous classroom instruction with relevant, work-based experiences that inspire, guide, and empower them for industry trades through industry certifications and post-secondary college and careers. Our CTE programs will bridge the academic, employability and technical skills by developing community partnerships that prepare our students for leadership roles in the working world.
Vision Statement: We believe that all students deserve to have a high quality education. We are committed to prepare all students for college and life (Industry Certification/License) by teaching skills to mastery, providing challenging curriculums (Rigor) that connects students’ lives and future (Relevance) in a safe, supportive, and nurturing environment (Relationship).
- Audio Visual
- Business Education
- Culinary Art
- Electric Trades
- Health Care
Dual Credit Enrollment Programs through Southwestern Illinois College (SWIC):
Dual credit is a SWIC-high school partnership program, where qualified students can earn college credit and high school credit in the same class. College classes are taught at the high school by SWIC-approved high school instructors using college curriculum.
- OAT 146 – Information Processing I
- CMT 145 – Building Trades Craft Survey I
- CMT 146 – Building Trades Craft Survey II
- Electrical Trades:
- EET 131 – Electrical Wiring Practices
- Health Care:
- HRO 105 – Nurse Assistant
- HRO 160 – Medical Terminology
- WLDT 101 – Weld Tech I
- WLDT 152 – Weld Tech II
Program(s)/Course(s) offering Certification(s) or License(s) and Assessment(s):
- Cosmetology: Cosmetology License (State Assessment)
- Construction: National Center for Construction Education & Research (Nccer) (National Assessment)
- Culinary Arts: ServeSafe and Managers Certification through National Restaurant Association (National Assessment)
- Health Care: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Certification (State Assessment)
- Welding: American Welding Society (AWS) Certification, nationally recognized: a skill-based assessment that tests welders to AWS Weld Procedure Specifications (WPS) of the AWS D1.1 welding code
Services Offered to the Public
***All services are performed by our Advanced Students and supervised by our Certified Instructors.
- Automotive: Oil Change and Basic Brake Work ($15.00/hour) Diagnostic Check/Basic Maintenance/Complete Walk Around Service (Free of Charge) CUSTOMER MUST PROVIDE PARTS. Minimum Required Donations are accepted and vary based on the service.
- Audio Visual: Audio Commercials and Public Service Announcements to air on the Student Radio Station (WESH Flyers Radio @ www.spreaker.com/eastsideflyersradio) and video recording services Minimum Required Donations are accepted and vary based on the service.
- Construction: Basic Construction Services ($10.00/hour); Products for Sale: 6ft picnic tables, octagon picnic tables, small sheds, planter bench with dual planters, bird houses, dog houses, and wooden signs Minimum Required Donations are accepted and vary based on the service.
- Cosmetology: Hair, Skin, and Nail Care ($10.00 per service) Minimum Required Donations are accepted and vary based on the service.
- Culinary: Catering Services (Menus and Prices Vary) service is for pick up ONLY Minimum Required Donations are accepted and vary based on the service.
- Welding: Basic Welding Services ($25.00); Metal Repair and Fabrication Minimum Required Donations are accepted and vary based on the service.
For more information contact Andrea Wilson-Vickers 618-646-3730 or send an email to: email@example.com
Online Radio Station: https://www.spreaker.com/user/eastsideflyersradio Live Monday, Wednesday, and Friday; 9:00 am - 9:50 am and 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Youtube Channel: Flyers AV ESTL 189
The CTE Curriculum is supported by Carpenters Local Apprenticeship Training Program, Southwestern Illinois College, National Construction Consortium Education and Research Center. Skills USA Chapter approved. FLYERS Community Service outreach program.
Dekiethrich Lockett, Director
Andrea Wilson-Vickers, CTE Coordinator
The District 189 Career and Technical Education (CTE) program is a located in the west wing of East St. Louis Sr. High School.