ExceleRate Illinois Gold Circle of Quality Rating
In the Fall of 2022, Vivian Adams Early Childhood Center was awarded the ExceleRate Gold Circle of Quality. This award recognizes programs which have demonstrated quality by meeting 15 educational and service standards, as validated by a state-approved assessor. Gold Circle programs meet or exceed specific quality benchmarks on learning environment, instructional quality, and all program administrative standards; group size and staff/child ratios; staff qualifications; and professional development.
Vivian Adams Early Childhood Center serves 520 children, ages 3-4, in Pre-K classrooms through its Preschool For All Expansion program. There are 26 classrooms in the main facility and 3 additional Pre-K classrooms at Dr. Katie Harper Wright Elementary School.
Our Vision is to provide a cooperative, caring, and supportive community that promotes a culture of learning that will ensure the opportunity for student achievement.
The Mission of Vivian D. Adams Early Childhood Center is to create and foster a safe, nurturing educational environment that focuses on the social development and growth of the whole child through partnerships with families and the community.
School Programs & Services include:
- Parent Advisory Committee
- Parent & Family Engagement
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
- East Side Health District school-based clinic
- Bright Smiles school-based dental treatment
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy
- Social / Emotional Learning Instruction
- Small-Group Reading Instruction
- Music, Library Hour, and Health & Development
- Free Bus Service, Breakfast and Lunch
- Ladybugs & Little Gents Social Clubs