Students and Parents
- Variety of Scholarships Available to Local Students
Follow the link to a Feb. 8, 2013 article from the Belleville News Democrat about many scholarship opportunities available locally to students. http://www.bnd.com/2013/02/08/2488409/variety-of-scholarships-available.html
- The Midwest Student Exchange Program is a tuition reduction program that helps students attend participating out-of-state college and universities. Visit http://msep.mhec.org for more information.
- Learn about careers, colleges and admission requirements. Students can track their academic progress at http://www.WhatsNextIllinois.
org, a site hosted by the Illinois Student Assistance Commission.
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency of Region 5 invites Illinois students in grades 3-8 to submit a poster in recognition of Asthma Awareness Month in May. The deadline for entries is May 10. For more information on how to enter the Asthma Awareness Month poster contest, visit http://www.epa.gov/region5/asthmapostercontest/.
- The Healthy Lunchtime Challenge invites children ages 8-12 and their parent(s) and/or guardian(s) to create an original lunch recipe in line with the USDA’s MyPlate information. Recipes must be submitted by May 12. For more information, visit www.recipechallenge.epicurious.com.
- A new and free GED class is opening just for parents of District 189 students in the East St. Louis area! The first session begins January 14, 2013 and the second session begins March 18, 2013. Parents who are interested must fill out the attached form and submit it to your child’s classroom teacher if you are interested in studying for the GED test. Classes will be held at the East St. Louis High School 9th Grade Center. For more information, please call Vicki Whitener-Lepanto at 618.222.5524.